We all know that jewellery is the exclamation point of every woman. Be it a family treasure or a cute little anklet picked up from the streets, every lady cherishes her precious charms. But isn’t it heartbreaking to see your jewellery loose its shine or luster over time? Well, all it takes to keep your precious jewellery dazzling for long is a tad bit of extra care!
Read on to know what tips can be followed to take care of your jewellery better.
When it comes to pearls, be very careful since pearls are really delicate and could easily get scratched andfaded. Follow the below mentioned tips to prevent your pearls from damaging
- Just as sun is harmful for our skin, light and heat could do a lot of damage to your pearls.
- Make sure you regularly wipe your pearls with a damp cloth, and store them in airtight boxes.
- Accessorize your pearl only after you are done with your makeup. You don’t want the pretty pearl to be covered with it.
- Do not use baking soda or bleach to clean them as they are quite delicate.
- Also perfumes, makeup and hairsprays are the reasons for discoloration of your pearls. Make sure you keep them away.
- Do not use a toothbrush to scrape your pearls. This is the most common reason to have scratches on them.
- Bathing or Swimming with your pearl jewellery is not a good idea either. It wears down the shine.
If proper care is not taken, gold can lose its sheen and can become dull. Here’s how you can keep your gold jewellery from losing its shine:
- You may use a mild detergent or lukewarm water and a soft cloth to clean your gold.
- It is desirable to keep your gold chains and bracelets in different boxes as they can get entangled easily.
- If you plan to go swimming, remember that Chlorine has a very harsh effect on gold and tends to weaken it. So keep your gold away from chlorine water.
- Lastly, do not use any alcohol-based cleaning liquid if your gold jewellery is studded with precious stones. Such liquids tend to weaken the gum that holds the stones in their place.
You may hate to remove your wedding ring, but that does not mean you should wear it even while you are in the kitchen.
- Many women end up wearing their diamond rings while cooking. The result- your diamonds start losing their luster. Do remember to remove your solitaire while cooking!
- To clean your diamonds or precious stones, use a good quality jewellery cleaning solution that is easily available in the market.You can also mix some ammonia and water to clean your diamonds at home.
Make use of these tips, and let your jewelry take care of adding wonders to your looks every time you wear it! Do visit the Jubilee Hills store of Krishna Jewellers, Pearls and Gems and add to your wonderful collection of dazzling jewellery. Visit: http://bit.ly/2bKN13b to know more.